Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The other path

In addition to the miscarriages and all the heartbreak that that entails, Dr. Z and I were also on the road to adoption.
It was a very difficult decision for us to make, both to decide to go down that road and to stop the process once I had a pregnancy that stuck. For me, it was always about being someone's mum, not giving birth but, Z and I realized, once the baby stayed, that from a practical standpoint (monetary, physically and emotionally), adoption would have to be put on hold. Which it has been at this point.
Who knows what the future might bring? Maybe the next child we welcome into this home (as we would like more than one), will not have us as its birth parents. Families are created in so many ways these days that I am always open to the idea of adopting.

No comments: