Monday, November 17, 2008

Back To The Proverbial Part II

So there's the blob. No longer the dot, just the blob. And I can't speak or move. The doctor is saying something like in Charlie Brown "Wah, wah, wah", but I can't hear it. I just nod my head and think about the wedding, our renewal, our "real" wedding, whatever you want to call it. And I think: "Shit, this is it. All the plans are f-ed and all the fun has gone." But instead I put my arms around Z and say: "At least I can drink at the wedding".

It's totally inappropriate and totally horrible, but its the only thing that comes into my head. 

Then I have to go outside, following my hopeful, sunny route, past the receptionists, through the door marked "No Exit", back to the waiting room where my mum is sitting. She looks up when I come through the door and smiles and says: "Everything all right?". Then she sees my face.

No comments: