Friday, June 19, 2009

It's a Hard Knock Life

I'm sitting here, listening to the soundtrack from Annie and crying. Yes, this is my life in these dark days - I just love to torture myself with schmaltzy musicals about orphans.
OMG I can't listen to "Sandy" or "Dumb Dog" or "Tomorrow" come to think of it! But, with Ellie my grumpy queen bee pup with a sore bum I am feeling particularly sorry for dogs at the moment.

I am not a musical's person by any stretch of the imagination, but for some reason I love this one. I think it has to do with creating complicated song-and-dance routines to "It's a Hard-Knock Life" as a child. But, the songs are just heartbreaking and hilarious all at once. And sometimes it feels good to bawl about something daft.

Let's get back to biz and some good things...Don't want to depress the readers.
1. I have been getting some amazing responses from the blog which buoys me up no end.

2. I have a new doc. Granted he is out in Thousand Oaks but he is supposed to be nice, kind and efficient - what woman in this position doesn't want that?

3. I am signed up for hypnotherapy close to my new doc's. If nothing, it'll relax me before hand.

4. I have discovered a fabulous blog or two and urge you to read them if you feel up to it - the first is http://makingbabies.ie/wordpress/ with the wonderful Fiona...she is a brilliant writer and I love that she never gave up. The other is www.alittlepregnant.com - another funny writer.

And from the inimitable words of It's a Hard Knock Life (this could have written for us infertiles!):

Don't if feel like the wind is always howl'n?
Don't it seem like there's never any light!
Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in?
It's easier than puttin' up a fight.


But look what happened to Annie - she was alright? Right?




1 comment:

Fiona said...

Thanks very much for the mention! Best of luck with the new doc and the hypnotherapy - hope it gives you a bit of a break, if even just for an hour or so.